Thursday, June 22, 2006

stolen plants

The first time someone stole a slew of plants, everyone was afraid to tell me. They tip-toed around me and waited for the right time to deliver the news. After the rock wall for the shade garden had been filled with soil, I threw some cheap plants in to brighten things up. I put in 9 tulips and 10 $0.54 primroses. I wasn't attached to the plants at all. I didn't know what colour the tulips would be and I've always found primroses to be a bit gaudy.





the spring flowers to fill in the soil at first, (they all got stolen a week or so later)







Anyways, when my husband told me the news, he acted as if he had to tell me that my pet hamster had died. It was fine, I reassured him, I had been expecting it all along. I was surprised it had taken until now for someone to steal flowers. I was relieved it was just the gaudy/unkown flowers though.

I took the news so well... but then the landslide happened. Day after day, plant after plant went missing. Then blooming flowers got cut off en masse. Suddenly, the garden that I had thought was terribly over-planted was thin and shabby-looking. I was so discouraged (and not to mention busy with kids) that I mostly left things for a month or so. Now I've opted to grow cuttings from my own yard and divide plants from my friends. Cheap and easily replaceable!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»