Saturday, June 21, 2008

More tulips!

I forgot to mention that I took another trip and got some more discarded bulbs, this time about 2-300 tulips! All orange I believe! There's going to be a whole lot of orange in the gardens next spring!

My kids helped me pick them up... we had about 10 min to do it so we just threw a couple of wheelbarrows-full into the van. I decided to let them die off at my house and spare the neighbourhood the sight. I filled up a wheelbarrow and the sandbox with soil and let the tulips live there till they faded. The ones that had already faded by the time I got them have been planted already, but now the other few hundred are ready to go down so the kids can play in the sand box!
(you can see the sandbox full of tulips on the left side of the picture)

I could've gone again to get a few more tulips, at least of a different colour, but I was out of energy and besides, my wheelbarrow and sandbox were already full! Hopefully next year we'll get some variety added to our spring bulbs. And hopefully there will be enough established plants to hide all those tulips when they're dying off!!

1 comment:

Paula said...

Orange is such a great colour! It's a calming, soothing happy colour, and I think all those bulbs are going to look great!