Monday, October 02, 2006

zinnias

Originally I meant this post to be a photo of the bright and colorful zinnia blooms but I didn't have my camera that day and the next day absolutely everything that was blooming was picked. It seemed to happen over lunch break, we think we may know who did it. At least the plants are still there and the zinnias still have blooms on them so we may get that photo yet. It's hard not to let events like this be a big set-back. It certainly is discouraging after hours of organizing and work to have it trashed in a matter of minutes. I still have loads of seeds and bulbs to plant, so I'll keep plugging away..... back to the zinnias. I planted those from seeds and they made such big bright plants. It's fascinating what can come from a single small seed!

2 comments:

Paula said...

Just a word of encouragement that popped in my head:

Even the picked blossoms aren't wasted. Somebody, who is too trapped in their own darkness to think of anyone but themselves, thought they were pretty and picked them. This brightened their day, if only for a little while. One day, maybe, they will be mature enough to realize they should leave the blooms for everyone to enjoy...but maybe their momma never told them that. They are merely acting like a happy three year old, who will pick flowers from anybody's garden merely because they are pretty and they want to hold them.

I know it's disappointing. But I believe they weren't wasted!

Anonymous said...

hey bones...I think what you are doing is a pure and beautiful thing...the flowers will bring many things, small and large... a momentary smile, to a life filled with hope. Reading about all the lives you have touched in the area, it is obvious that the flowers aren't the only beauty to be found there. The triangle, and the world, is a better place because you are in it.